Over the last month it seems like all we've done is pack, repack, give away, sell or throw away most of our belongings...
When I look at our pictures I can see we have stopped for some fun. Thankful for friends who encourage us to stop and do that during this time. :)
We became a superhero family and saw Marvel Live (thanks to a sweet friend for getting us super cheap tickets). :) We even met the mom to the guy who played Tony Stark - that is like nearly meeting a star, right?
The things we do for free food! Cow appreciation Day at our fave - CFA. :) Honestly, it was a great way to keep the kids busy for hours in the morning making costumes while I packed then free food and getting them tired in the afternoon for more packing - why wouldn't I go?? :)
We even did a pool day in our subdivision. The last with our own access cards. :( It was a fun day, with good friends that we really needed. :)
I know it looks like we have done little work, but amidst all that fun were many sleepless nights.
Moving istiring EXHAUSTING. We've done it 10 times and it hasn't ever gotten easier.
When I look at our pictures I can see we have stopped for some fun. Thankful for friends who encourage us to stop and do that during this time. :)
We became a superhero family and saw Marvel Live (thanks to a sweet friend for getting us super cheap tickets). :) We even met the mom to the guy who played Tony Stark - that is like nearly meeting a star, right?
We even did a pool day in our subdivision. The last with our own access cards. :( It was a fun day, with good friends that we really needed. :)
We ordered a seriously big pizza that day! Have you ever seen anything like it? And the balance my amazing hubby has to carry it! ;)
Moving is
This one has been the hardest yet.
Usually when the movers come, they box up everything and we somewhat go through things when we get to the next destination.
Not so this time.
Going through most all of our things then getting rid of them.
It has been freeing,
exhausting really, but for the most part very freeing.
Less, really is more. :)
Ok...so I did cry over the Christmas decorations and all our framed baby pictures and scrapbooks and..
Most ask how are the kids handling all this?
We have been amazed with our kids.
We have been amazed with our kids.
We thought they'd really struggle with getting rid of their things, but they did great picking just a few items each.
There have been some emotional days over leaving and expressing fears of the unknown, but they are excited too.
We spend much time talking about how they are feeling, trying to address questions they have, then asking our Father to give us guidance through it all. Our Dad really is amazing. Always gives us what we need when we need it. Usually there is stretching of emotional and physical boundaries as well as unforeseen trials involved but He is right there with us.
There have been some emotional days over leaving and expressing fears of the unknown, but they are excited too.
We spend much time talking about how they are feeling, trying to address questions they have, then asking our Father to give us guidance through it all. Our Dad really is amazing. Always gives us what we need when we need it. Usually there is stretching of emotional and physical boundaries as well as unforeseen trials involved but He is right there with us.
In the midst of trying to pack up our house, we also had VBS. I am so thankful for my partner this week. :) Blessing after blessing she continues to pour out on me. :)
I have to brag a little on these kids. From K through 5th grade they were attentive and interested. My heart leaps a little to share that our 60 kids who came brought nearly $800 in offering for New Hope Foundation in China. They were so touched by the Show Hope Video "What If." You can view it here. Those who know our adoption story and followed our journey know that New Hope will always be incredibly special for us. It is there that our precious daughter was cared for and I mean that in every aspect of the words. She may not remember them but we will make sure she always knows how critical they were in her story.
I have to brag a little on these kids. From K through 5th grade they were attentive and interested. My heart leaps a little to share that our 60 kids who came brought nearly $800 in offering for New Hope Foundation in China. They were so touched by the Show Hope Video "What If." You can view it here. Those who know our adoption story and followed our journey know that New Hope will always be incredibly special for us. It is there that our precious daughter was cared for and I mean that in every aspect of the words. She may not remember them but we will make sure she always knows how critical they were in her story.
To catch up on our big adventure as we are calling it - Monday we gave keys to the renters, that eve we were truly blessed by an amazing hotel room gifted to us by our big family. :) Tuesday we started the two day journey to Hampton, VA to drop off our remaining belongings and visit Brian's mom.
Some funny things that happened in our completely sleep deprived adventure...
Monday we were giving keys over to renters.
2 hours before they were coming we finally get home from running errands after a terrible storm..
It had been garbage day and well, since moving out that day we had TONS of garbage. As we drove around the corner to our house I notice that Meisi's crib mattress with its pretty pink sheet was floating, yes FLOATING down our street. Next I see more of our garbage floating.... I couldn't pull into our driveway due to the garbage can laying down, so I pulled over so Aili, Ian and I could frantically run around in the rain gathering our very wet garbage. Truly, I wasn't laughing while this was taking place but we could all laugh about it a few hours later.
When a few hours later came and the family who will be taking care of the home was there we heard a cabinet open then water coming out of the fridge. Mind you, we thought we were completely moved out of the house. Well, low and behold, when we walked into the kitchen, Meisi was filling her cup with water. Brian opened the cabinet to find it hadn't been packed nor had the pantry...or the shower curtain...or who knows what else. I finally told her whatever she found to just throw away. I do hope there wasn't anything else they were surprised to find!!
Ok...last funny story.. We rented a budget truck to move our remaining items to Virginia. It was about half the cost of uhaul which we've always used beforehand. On way here Brian and Aili said they got rained on. I said, "Yes, so did we." Brian and Aili said, "Yes, but we literally got rained on." The rain was coming through the poorly sealed truck onto them! Thankfully it was a warm day and still worth the $300 saved (at least in my opinion)! :)
My fave new song from VBS said, "I wanna be your hands and feet, I wanna live differently.." Our friends, brother and sisters in our Big Family lived that out the past few weeks - for us. Taking things they didn't want just to help get it out of our house, taking things to the dumpster for us, to consignment shops for us, taking groceries, toys, books, furniture to help us, bringing us and cooking us meals, being a handyman fixing things around the house, babysitting our kids so we could pack...the wet garbage I told you about - our property manager put it into his SUV and drove it to the dump for us...
And perfectly timed, a sweet friend gave us the gift that helped me keep my eyes open during all that driving...
Thank you.
Wrapping your arms around us so we could get things done and then letting us have an amazing night of rest in our kids fave hotel...
Our cup overflows.
About a month ago we were doing our history lesson from Story of the World and it was about nomads. Aili said, "That sounds like how we will be living." We laughed but knew she was onto something, except for the part the book mentioned about growing our own food...
In the next three months we will be sleeping in 25 different places in 5 different states. We are calling it our 'nomadic adventure'. :) We are excited but know it will be exhausting. We appreciate your thoughts and intercession for us. I do think our little Meisi has had the most difficult time in understanding all this. She wept Monday night. When she finally calmed down I asked her what was wrong and she said she was sad and when I asked why she said, "The house." :( We hugged and talked about how we'd all be together and were going on a big adventure. She has seemed much better since being at grandma's although transition is just around the corner. We head back to Florida on Tuesday where we will stay in a sweet friend's house while they are on vacation. Then to a camper for a couple weeks then to a hotel type setting for a few days then back to VA.... We desire to be loving, joyful, peaceful, patient, kind, good, faithful, gentle and self controlled during all these changes. Yet, know that our enemy will have ample opportunity to tempt us to do otherwise. We are so thankful for your love, encouragement and intercession during this exiting and exhausting time.
One more pic... just love these photos our friend did for us. :) Boy do I love these munchkins... some days they drive me nuts but I love them with all that is in me. How amazing to think my Father's love for me is even greater,...
Ok...last funny story.. We rented a budget truck to move our remaining items to Virginia. It was about half the cost of uhaul which we've always used beforehand. On way here Brian and Aili said they got rained on. I said, "Yes, so did we." Brian and Aili said, "Yes, but we literally got rained on." The rain was coming through the poorly sealed truck onto them! Thankfully it was a warm day and still worth the $300 saved (at least in my opinion)! :)
My fave new song from VBS said, "I wanna be your hands and feet, I wanna live differently.." Our friends, brother and sisters in our Big Family lived that out the past few weeks - for us. Taking things they didn't want just to help get it out of our house, taking things to the dumpster for us, to consignment shops for us, taking groceries, toys, books, furniture to help us, bringing us and cooking us meals, being a handyman fixing things around the house, babysitting our kids so we could pack...the wet garbage I told you about - our property manager put it into his SUV and drove it to the dump for us...
And perfectly timed, a sweet friend gave us the gift that helped me keep my eyes open during all that driving...
Thank you.
Wrapping your arms around us so we could get things done and then letting us have an amazing night of rest in our kids fave hotel...
Our cup overflows.
About a month ago we were doing our history lesson from Story of the World and it was about nomads. Aili said, "That sounds like how we will be living." We laughed but knew she was onto something, except for the part the book mentioned about growing our own food...
In the next three months we will be sleeping in 25 different places in 5 different states. We are calling it our 'nomadic adventure'. :) We are excited but know it will be exhausting. We appreciate your thoughts and intercession for us. I do think our little Meisi has had the most difficult time in understanding all this. She wept Monday night. When she finally calmed down I asked her what was wrong and she said she was sad and when I asked why she said, "The house." :( We hugged and talked about how we'd all be together and were going on a big adventure. She has seemed much better since being at grandma's although transition is just around the corner. We head back to Florida on Tuesday where we will stay in a sweet friend's house while they are on vacation. Then to a camper for a couple weeks then to a hotel type setting for a few days then back to VA.... We desire to be loving, joyful, peaceful, patient, kind, good, faithful, gentle and self controlled during all these changes. Yet, know that our enemy will have ample opportunity to tempt us to do otherwise. We are so thankful for your love, encouragement and intercession during this exiting and exhausting time.
One more pic... just love these photos our friend did for us. :) Boy do I love these munchkins... some days they drive me nuts but I love them with all that is in me. How amazing to think my Father's love for me is even greater,...







No comments:
Post a Comment