It seems as though November disappeared in a blink of an eye. This month has been so full, and gone by so fast. It has been a month of wonderful memories and tough challenges.
Early in the month we learned a bit about the art of storytelling. Some friends shared stories with us using Henna.
This is Aili's arm - the story of the 2 fishes and 5 loaves:
Here is the story of the Promise of the Savior from Isaiah. We really enjoyed learning about storying as it made share the most important stories more natural in conversations.
Next fun time this month - I turned 20 again! :)
Best gift ever??
My three precious children (and their amazing hugs).
Ok...tie for best gift - alone time with hubby. We really need to do a better job about cutting out time alone, but thankful for each date we get. :) Brian's mom watched the kids so we could have the morning out. Started with a yummy coffee at Panera and ended with shopping - a great day indeed!
We had such a great Thanksgiving too. Celebrating with family and sweet friends. The food was spectacular of course. :) We certainly have so much to be thankful for...
On black Friday where were you this year?
Unlike most years I can remember since having kids - I was NOT shopping.
Truly, I missed it (yes that is a bit crazy since I really don't like shopping). However, I like the challenge of getting the deal and enjoy the fantastic conversations I can have with strangers while standing in those crazy long lines.
But not this year (shouldn't be buying when still trying to get rid of things right?)....
Nope, we went to Washington DC.
Chinatown first (the whole block of it).
Yes, my mom did teach me about that, but we were really hoping to be a light in the lives of those around us.
This was one of our challenging days. It was soooo Cold!!! We weren't very handy in finding folks who spoke English either. Although that did provide a great taste of what our lives will be like within the month.
In the midst of the freezing kids (and parents), the lack of communication skills and our aching feet - I was overcome with the beauty of this city. The skies were gorgeous, especially amidst the beautiful orange and red leaves from the trees. The Creator truly is remarkable. I'll be honest that DC is not a place that I think of as "beautiful." Yet, that afternoon as we were walking back to the bus stop I was overcome with thankfulness for the freedoms I have taken for granted for so long. It was beautiful.
Considering the cold weather and lots of walking (we didn't have a stroller), the kids did very well. Just love the sweet moments we can sometimes capture. While I would love each moment to look like this, I know the tests and trials produce perseverance, character and hope.
This week started with a beautiful sunny day. A perfect day for some exploring. There is a lovely creek that runs next to where we are staying. Brian and the kids found this picturesque area on another day so we went back. It was truly breathtaking to look at the beauty of it all. Also was so much fun to jump on rocks, kick up leaves and find routes least likely to lead to wet feet.
Being out in God's creation, breathing the fresh air provided a bit of refreshment we needed.
The last few weeks have had many great moments. We have much to be thankful for - amazing teachers, mentors, friends, all our needs are being met. Yet, there have been some challenging moments days. As we were walking back to dinner that eve, the sun was going down quickly. We looked up to see this beautiful sunset that the Lord had provided. He truly is an awesome God, Sovereign and Faithful, our Redeemer and Refuge.
Rejoice Always, Pray Continually and Give Thanks in ALL Circumstances...
1 Thes. 5:16-18
This verse is my goal - not that I have attained it yet, but am a work in progress. I am thankful He isn't done with me yet.








No comments:
Post a Comment