There are days I miss Florida. I see the pictures of friends at the pool or the beach and I long to be there. I don't think it is a bad thing unless I linger there too long.
On our last visa run we went to Koh Lanta, Thailand. It was amazing! Exactly what our hearts and minds needed. Now, when I miss home, I can look at this pictures and thank Him for allowing refreshment. I still look at pictures of "home" too, but these pictures remind me that my joy should come from Him alone. Not a person or a place. Reminds me that I can have joy anywhere as long as I am in His will. It isn't always easy, but He is faithful and provides all our needs. :)
Honestly, reentry to the big red country was pretty tough after this trip. We hear it is fairly normal for the 6-9 month time period to be the roughest for "culture shock" and I'd say we are feeling it. Even our kids, maybe especially one child. The "honeymoon phase" is over. We are thankful for the refreshment He gave us in our week away, and even more so as we realized where we are on the culture shock spectrum.
I share these photos as many have asked if there was much to do on Koh Lanta during low season. It is low season due to monsoon season. Surprisingly (and thankfully), it only rained one evening.
This was my favorite day, a long day but absolutely fantastic! Kayaking the lovely sea, kayaking through a cave, feeding monkeys, riding in the longtail boat, so much fun! Mostly we enjoyed being outside together, exploring this beautiful place. As you flip through though, I hope you take time to praise Him who created all things. I immediately think of "How can I keep from singing your praise, how can I ever say enough, how amazing is your love!"
On our last visa run we went to Koh Lanta, Thailand. It was amazing! Exactly what our hearts and minds needed. Now, when I miss home, I can look at this pictures and thank Him for allowing refreshment. I still look at pictures of "home" too, but these pictures remind me that my joy should come from Him alone. Not a person or a place. Reminds me that I can have joy anywhere as long as I am in His will. It isn't always easy, but He is faithful and provides all our needs. :)
Honestly, reentry to the big red country was pretty tough after this trip. We hear it is fairly normal for the 6-9 month time period to be the roughest for "culture shock" and I'd say we are feeling it. Even our kids, maybe especially one child. The "honeymoon phase" is over. We are thankful for the refreshment He gave us in our week away, and even more so as we realized where we are on the culture shock spectrum.
I share these photos as many have asked if there was much to do on Koh Lanta during low season. It is low season due to monsoon season. Surprisingly (and thankfully), it only rained one evening.
This was my favorite day, a long day but absolutely fantastic! Kayaking the lovely sea, kayaking through a cave, feeding monkeys, riding in the longtail boat, so much fun! Mostly we enjoyed being outside together, exploring this beautiful place. As you flip through though, I hope you take time to praise Him who created all things. I immediately think of "How can I keep from singing your praise, how can I ever say enough, how amazing is your love!"
No comments:
Post a Comment