Sunday, January 11, 2015

Answer upon Answer

This week we have seen Dad's faithfulness in so so many ways.  We asked that you lift up some specifics this week and it is such a joy to share how He provided for each of those requests.  We do realize sometimes the answers and provisions don't come as quickly as these did, but we are very grateful for you walking alongside us, persistently talking with Dad on our behalf.  

First off - we got Aili and Ian registered in school and they let them start on Friday as we had asked. I rode the one hour bus ride with them and it was much better than we anticipated.  They have assigned seats but thankfully were able to sit with some precious kids they've been playing with this week.  When we unloaded Ian went straight to class with his friend (not even a hug)... Part of me was sad, but the other part rejoicing in His answering pleas for comfort and peace.  Aili and I walked up to class together.  She is my social introvert and entered class a little slowly which gave me a chance to get a hug from her. :)  After turning in paperwork I walked outside to take a picture of their school.  It truly is the most beautiful, well maintained school I've ever seen.  More like a junior college.  This is the outside.
When they returned home, they were absolutely worn out and hungry but after some food and rest they both shared about their day and new friends.  

Next answer - we decided upon a school for Meisi ("youeryuan" - which is like a preschool setting for her age)!  It is a national school that is all in Ch*nese but they do have an English class in the afternoon.  She went half a day on Thursday and all day on Friday.  She has done great! They try really hard to communicate with us but it is difficult.  We are so very thankful for friends who are helping us during this time of not being able to understand the language, especially when dealing with our baby girl.  

 One thing I really like about this school is there amazing outdoor play area.  It is clean and while the ground is astroturf it gives a great appearance and feel (grass is rare around here).  They also spend a lot of time playing which is kinda unusual for preschools here.  They often are very academic even in this young age.  She does cry when she is dropped off in the mornings but apparently cheers up quickly.  Brian says the teachers love on her while she is crying at drop off - which does so much good for my heart. ;)  The first day the English teacher stayed with her a little while.  She asked Meisi why she was crying and she said, "I don't understand anything anyone is saying."  They did say that after a while she played with the other children and cheered up. 

This picture was at pick up.  I think this is one of her teachers.  She was very happy to see us at the gate waiting for her. :) She immediately told me "Daddy brought me here on our motorcycle.  I ate some, I drank some. I played some and I colored some. I had fun."  Again - answer upon answer. :)  
Some of you have asked for a picture of our new scooter (aka 'motorcycle' per Meisi). We got a great price on the rusted, dented used one.  Hopefully that will deter someone from stealing it. :) It really has come in so very handy for getting the kids to places a little farther to walk.  Of course, with all the yummy food here - we ALL need to be walking!!

Have you ever eaten sugar cane straight?  Wow - seroiusly worth a try some time!  Our fruit market couple let the kids try a piece for free a few nights ago.  Straight, pure sugar...of course, now they want some everyday!  haha
We found Nutella!  It will be a delicacy here - $10 per jar!!  I thought it was expensive in the states.  Meisi said, "Nutella makes me happy."  haha She will either need to become a chef or marry one - food is certainly the way to her heart!  
I wish I could tell you what we are eating but I have no idea!  This entire plate of food was just over $2. It was delicious!
With the help of some awesome new friends - we figured out how to order food online that was hard to find in stores and we made pizzas!  
We also were able to make brownies with stuff from the online store (with the cutest little helpers in the world).  Although the first batch was more like brownie crisps - still trying to figure out the huge toaster oven type oven we have.  
AND we were able to make pop corn (again - thankful for those who are helping us realize what products can be used to make things common to us). So movie night was ON!!  Our first movie - Kung Fu Panda - haha - seemed fitting. ;) 
I want to preface my next story - I'm truly not trying to complain but hadn't seen such a transformation in couches before this.  We had these really cool metro couches when we arrived- although the seat cushions were not covered....

Now we, have retro couches... We do miss the wooden arms which were like tables for us and the cool metro look, but it is nice to have seat cushions that are covered too.  These are not ours, just for our use while here.   Here are some precious new little friends too - we were watching them while their parents had a date night. :)  

We haven't done much in the way of entertainment outside the home yet.  However, our kids provided their version of theater for us.  It was fantastic!


It has been a fantastic week.  We've seen Dad provide direct answers and peace in decision making everyday.

Only a few rough moments... Meisi had a rough day on Friday due to a misunderstanding at the school (they thought she was staying a half day like some of the other foreign kids and got her ready to go home, but I wasn't there to get her).  One of our new friends took her back to her class, helped her calm down, checked in with the school later and for her bravery let her bring home their toy snake who Meisi had named "Archibald" last week while we were at their home.  Archibald certainly made her happy.

The weekend has been a tough one for her too - she has had a pretty rough bout with diarrhea since Friday.  Please lift her little body up that she stays hydrated and that it goes away quickly.  We've been loading up on probiotics and yogurt hoping to kill common culprits for this area.  A good nap today did make her feel better and her appetite has returned a little.  


While that would be a sweet face to end it on...gonna leave with one more food picture - 

There is this fantastic street nearby called "Food Street."  Will try to capture a picture soon so you can see it.  We ventured there for dinner Friday eve and ended dinner with a tasty treat  So these are fruit covered in sugar that has dried and hardened. Sort of like a candied apple but no cherry flavor - just sugar coating strawberries and oranges - DELSIH!  

I look forward to sharing stories of new national friends and sharing life with them.  For now - we are thankful to share our journey with you!  Thanks for walking alongside us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment