Friday, January 30, 2015

Meisi's school

Before leaving the states one of my biggest concerns was how this move would affect Meisi.  She first came home to us just about two years ago and her last memories of being with a bunch of kids that look like her and speak this language may not have been the happiest or most comfortable moments of her life.

My mind became anxious over how this would affect her, would it bring out issues that we really haven't faced with her?  Many families go through an adjustment period with their adopted child where the child will grieve.  Meisi hasn't ever done that.  

My heart was burdened as I wondered what her little mind would think was happening as we dropped her off.  

I laid this at His feet as we asked many of you to do as well.  

We made the decision to do a national daycare (all in Ch*nese) instead of a nanny.  We prayed over this to have a clear answer and when we asked her PK teacher in Virginia she answered, without hesitation, "Preschool - She thrives on a schedule and is incredibly social, I don't know that a nanny could provide that for her."  We felt that was about as clear as an answer could get.  We are thankful we went this route. 

Drop offs are still heart wrenching as she cries every day as they carry her away from us.  Some days she was crying on pick up as well.  We asked the teacher if she cried all day.  She said she did not. However, every time she came outside and saw the gate and we weren't there she'd begin to cry. Yes, of course, all those adoption book stories came to mind but thankfully the teacher said she would calm down and play with the other kids.  The teacher has since begun sending us pictures of her day (sometimes 10-18 pictures per day)!  Nearly all of them show big smiles on Meisi's face.  

He Is Faithful!!  

Here are a few of those smiles that make my heart rejoice in His provision and faithfulness. 




Ok... so this one does create a little concern. ;)  Especially after she tells me, "This is the boy I like."  He is cute and at least now I have a face to lift up to Dad - she won't tell me his name. :)

The youeryuan (Preschool) gives them plenty of neat exercises too - almost like a gymnastics class.





I love the pics of the teacher reading to her and being close to her too.



We are so proud of Meisi going to school all day and not understanding most anything they say.  She has such a strong spirit.  She is starting to say a few words in this language as well.  I am grateful for how very hard her teacher is trying to learn some words in English too.  Yesterday at pick up she told Meisi, "Meisi, I love you."  Meisi walked off, smiling and said, "My teacher loves me."  :)  This is a very specific answer to our prayers, for her teacher to really love her.  

Y'all I can't stop praising His name for providing this for our precious little girl.  Yes, she still cries at drop off, but at pick up she says, "I had fun today at school!"  

Thank you for interceding for her and us.  Please continue.  We'd really like to get to know her teachers and her classmates along with their families.  

Thankful for His faithfulness and for the peace that He provides us that transcends all understanding. 

To see a video of her class that might make you smile and giggle a little click here







6 comments:

  1. I just wrote a long long comment and it has gone off lost in the internet. LOL I finally found your blog and have been catching up on your family. We miss you guys. You are doing big big things!!

    <3Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! You found it!! Thank you for your encouragement Karen! We sure do miss you guys too! Hugs,D

      Delete
  2. I am so happy that yall are getting settled and doing well. What a sweet blessing to your family to know that Meisi is adjusting well. I will tell you that I am very impressed with these photos from the school because children learn through play and movement and many schools do not have time for that and the lap reading was oh, so sweet. She looks adorable and happy as ever. How are the other two and both of you? We miss you and think about you often. Dana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dana! The big kids are doing great too! Thank you for asking. Yes, we have been really impressed with how much outdoor time the kids get at Mei's school. We miss you guys too and really appreciate your thoughts and encouragement. :)

      Delete
  3. Yayyy, Meisi!!! You are a trouper & you're doing so well!!! I love your happy smile! Thank you, Deidre, for sharing all the fun family news!!! I love seeing the culture over there. I've always been fascinated by it. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete