Before we came to our new land, we saw a picture of a bridge that was beautiful.
A couple weeks ago, we saw that bridge in real life.
It was So.Exciting. :)
A friend captured our first family pic here in what has become known as "my" bridge. :)
You can't drive across this bridge, but you can walk across it. We were thinking about eating in the restaurant on top, but it was a bit pricey.
I don't know why I'm so drawn to this bridge...
I mean, it is beautiful, but I'm usually not a fan of bridges..
haha - ok so, my roomies from college will remember this...
One night we were in Knoxville and we got to a bridge and, well, I had a serious fear of bridges.
That night - I wouldn't drive across it.
Stopped in the middle of the road and
Switched. drivers.
Yes, that was extreme and
Thankfully... I've come a LONG way since then, but
I do still struggle crossing bridges.
There is just something about this one.
Maybe the depth.
The beauty of "the old" standing so strong and bold amidst "the new."
That fascinates me here.
Symbolic of so much in life right?
Seeing it at night was a take my breath away moment...
Then seeing the man catch the fish in the less than clean water and hand it to the lady who ran inside a restaurant to cook it up, well, that took my breath away too - just in a different way. ;)
We do love it here.
All the studying and not being able to talk much with others, umm not our favorite part, but our love for this country and the people is so strong.
For this I am thankful.
He has given us a bit of His heart and eyes, as That is what drives us to learn the language.
A couple weeks ago, we saw that bridge in real life.
It was So.Exciting. :)
A friend captured our first family pic here in what has become known as "my" bridge. :)
You can't drive across this bridge, but you can walk across it. We were thinking about eating in the restaurant on top, but it was a bit pricey.
I don't know why I'm so drawn to this bridge...
I mean, it is beautiful, but I'm usually not a fan of bridges..
haha - ok so, my roomies from college will remember this...
One night we were in Knoxville and we got to a bridge and, well, I had a serious fear of bridges.
That night - I wouldn't drive across it.
Stopped in the middle of the road and
Switched. drivers.
Yes, that was extreme and
Thankfully... I've come a LONG way since then, but
I do still struggle crossing bridges.
There is just something about this one.
Maybe the depth.
The beauty of "the old" standing so strong and bold amidst "the new."
That fascinates me here.
Symbolic of so much in life right?
Then seeing the man catch the fish in the less than clean water and hand it to the lady who ran inside a restaurant to cook it up, well, that took my breath away too - just in a different way. ;)
We do love it here.
All the studying and not being able to talk much with others, umm not our favorite part, but our love for this country and the people is so strong.
For this I am thankful.
He has given us a bit of His heart and eyes, as That is what drives us to learn the language.
As we walked away from the lovely bridge, we met an adorable elderly couple who patiently talked with us. It was wonderful to have a conversation with them albeit ever so short and rudimentary. :)
Progress in baby steps, but progress nonetheless.
So, if you have a bridge to cross...even if it scares you so badly you want to switch drivers...
Go ahead! Give Him the wheel....
It likely will be beautiful....
Hard, messy, frightening, lonely at times...
but breathtakingly beautiful. :)

Stunningly Gorgeous!!! I would love to visit it myself someday! Wow! What is the name of this bridge? I'm really loving your stories over here. May the Joy of Him who keeps you be your strength every day! <3
ReplyDelete