Within the past couple months we've been blessed to visit a couple "ancient villages" with friends here. We love for you to share in our experiences, and these have been some of our favorites.
We hope to one day travel back to the first one and spend the night as there was so much to do there that we were unable to experience most of it in a day. It was relaxing to walk around with our friends, do a little shopping and let the kids play in the water to cool off. This is also where we tried some of the "bizarre foods" I had posted about previously.
So neat to see the "old" here. Transportation, narrow alleys, the way people work...
Of course, for us there were some new experiences. Aili got to be dressed up in traditional clothes then posed for pictures. Sort of like going to Gatlinburg only this costs about $2.50 including the 3 pictures you take home. We also experienced a new and much cheaper way (about $1.50) for us to get a pedicure with the help of little fish. Now that was definitely something to write home about - haha. I have included a pic of some of our dear friends joining us in that experience. Oh"How beautiful are their feet!!" I can't express how thankful we are for these families who have become our family here, sharing struggles with each other, lifting them up together, laughing together over language blunders and making amazing memories together like this. :) Our God is so good to allow us to journey with these precious families.
I'm not going to interrupt this much as I'd like it to be a bit of a picture book for you to look through. If you click on the first picture it will show up more like an album that you can scroll through to see the pictures bigger on your screen. As you scroll through, please think of the people here. For those working here. Think about how He might want you to come visit, come work, be a P Warrior or all of the above.
We hope to one day travel back to the first one and spend the night as there was so much to do there that we were unable to experience most of it in a day. It was relaxing to walk around with our friends, do a little shopping and let the kids play in the water to cool off. This is also where we tried some of the "bizarre foods" I had posted about previously.
So neat to see the "old" here. Transportation, narrow alleys, the way people work...
Of course, for us there were some new experiences. Aili got to be dressed up in traditional clothes then posed for pictures. Sort of like going to Gatlinburg only this costs about $2.50 including the 3 pictures you take home. We also experienced a new and much cheaper way (about $1.50) for us to get a pedicure with the help of little fish. Now that was definitely something to write home about - haha. I have included a pic of some of our dear friends joining us in that experience. Oh"How beautiful are their feet!!" I can't express how thankful we are for these families who have become our family here, sharing struggles with each other, lifting them up together, laughing together over language blunders and making amazing memories together like this. :) Our God is so good to allow us to journey with these precious families.
I'm not going to interrupt this much as I'd like it to be a bit of a picture book for you to look through. If you click on the first picture it will show up more like an album that you can scroll through to see the pictures bigger on your screen. As you scroll through, please think of the people here. For those working here. Think about how He might want you to come visit, come work, be a P Warrior or all of the above.
A few weeks ago the girls and I travelled with some friends to another village. Another great day with many memories. Also was great language practice as some of us on this trip are fairly new to this language. :)
More narrow pedestrian streets and interesting sights like multi-colored dogs, turtles for sale, cotton candy shaped like flowers, tour guides dressed like the mafia, and another guy who was dressed like, well, I'm not sure...
There is also a "Little Great Wall" here. Has nothing to do with the real one. Just a small replica. You can even ride a horse around the lake at the bottom of the replica (there were even East Asian cowboys here!). It was such a lovely day with more sweet friends. Great to hear our driver's story and share a moment with him spitting cherry seeds over the bridge (from the unwashed cherries he told us was ok to eat without washing because we were in the country) . hahah! I absolutely love the simpler, slower life in the country.
Maybe not totally appropriate, but so, so funny.
Ok... so I can't end on that.. This is a better ending.. I would have loved to chat with him. He had such a gentle, sweet smile.
We really are thankful for you walking alongside us.


























No comments:
Post a Comment