When we were preparing to leave this lovely country a couple years ago. Jie Jie (Big Sister) and Ge Ge (Big Brother) were sad to leave. When we asked them what they liked about it, they said, "The food is amazing and they have the most beautiful parks in the world!" We still give that answer when people here ask us if we like it here and why.
We have been trying to visit a new park at least one Saturday each month since arriving. Some of these were a couple months ago, but thought you might like to revisit with us. :)
Most of the time my kids are pretty gracious with allowing folks to take their pics with them. :)
We do encourage them to take pics as a way to show love to the people here but when tired or hungry we don't push the envelope on that one, letting them decide.
The value of children is high here (kinda contrary to what it may seem sometimes in the adoption world)... Each park we've been here has a place for the kids to play. :) Most are pretty neat too. Cool slide right?
Pictures like this really speak so much of my feelings of here...
the sweet older people playing together,
the beautiful park with a fountain surrounded by trees, lanterns, covered places to sit and relax...
This kinda' looks like a jail but it is really more like a concession stand where you can buy drinks and snacks just outside of the park.
This little guy was pretty determined to take my camera from me. .haha Cute as he is, my camera he couldn't have. :)
Apparently, being born in the year of the monkey could lead to being part monkey. ;)
My little sweethearts.
They do love it here.
And I am very thankful for how much they have enjoyed it here.
The food and the beautiful parks.
Now, we are normal and not everyday is lovely.
They want screen time too much too often.
They don't get all the things in the world they'd like.
They do miss their grandparents and friends and desire to be with them again,
but they are enjoying life here.
Thank you for lifting them up as I know it is Him answering those prayers, Him who continues to fill them with joy.
Friends, it starts early here - these parents told their maybe 2 year old daughter to hold up the peace sign for the picture. :)
Oh how I want them to know peace, true peace through the only One who can provide that in our lives.
More beauty.
I like to walk to this spot each time we come to this park.
In awe of His creation.
In awe of how a people who don't know the Creator can frame His creation so well.
Brian wants to one day join these men fishing.
Must figure out the fishing gear first though, as it is a bit different.
These parks are not only beautiful but HUGE. Lots of open space to run and play.
As I said earlier, play areas exist in each park.
However, play areas look different at each park.
This one has bouncy houses on the weekends.
It costs about $2 to bounce as long as you'd like.
Rules? Not in these...can you tell??
Family time, picnics, kite flying, strolling, people watching... :)
Another first for us - feeding fish with a bottle attached to a pole..
Seriously harder than it looks.
My parents had a small koi pond but these koi are the biggest I've ever seen!
It is such a bizarre feeling as they literally suck the food out of the bottle, makes a smacking noise and a little jerking on the wood pole the bottle is attached to.
Our new little friend caught a lizard. Our kiddos had fun taking turns holding it.
When the skies are blue the landscape is even more fabulous, don't you think? :)
We have been trying to visit a new park at least one Saturday each month since arriving. Some of these were a couple months ago, but thought you might like to revisit with us. :)
As soon as we walked into this park next to a Taoist Temple, this Tibetan family asked if we would take pictures with them. The little girl had a port in her arm, she looked so tired and weak. I wish I could speak to them, but even if I knew the language I am learning, they couldn't understand as they don't speak that language either. :(
We do encourage them to take pics as a way to show love to the people here but when tired or hungry we don't push the envelope on that one, letting them decide.
So relaxing and beautiful to stroll along. During the day it is mostly older folks out or sometimes young moms.
The value of children is high here (kinda contrary to what it may seem sometimes in the adoption world)... Each park we've been here has a place for the kids to play. :) Most are pretty neat too. Cool slide right?
Pictures like this really speak so much of my feelings of here...
the sweet older people playing together,
the beautiful park with a fountain surrounded by trees, lanterns, covered places to sit and relax...
This one made me think of Florida.
I do miss the sunshine state...
Oh I miss my sweet friends and
The sun, I so miss the sun (we see it rarely here through the pollution),
the clean air, the abundance of swimming pools, beautiful white sandy beaches and Mickey Mouse of course!
I do try to not linger on those thoughts too long as the enemy can and does use it to distract me.
This kinda' looks like a jail but it is really more like a concession stand where you can buy drinks and snacks just outside of the park.
At another park we visit more frequently a little closer to our home (we can ride our scooters there),
I am reminded of the "why" we are here....
Why I can miss home but still have joy in Him who brought me here.
These people.
I love them.
Truly love them and pray that that love never goes away.
YES, I have days where all the honking of horns or the crazy driving sends less than happy thoughts through my mind, but then I just laugh it off when at a stop, I stop and see the people- again He fills me with His love for them.
Admittedly, I just can't get enough of these kids!
AND admittedly, the longing to adopt again seems to get stronger the more littles I see here, but His timing is perfect for that and we haven't gotten the green light from Him (yet) to move forward.
So, I just enjoy playing, enjoy watching my kids play with them even with the language barrier and enjoy being called "ayi" (auntie) by the parents of nearly every child I meet. I especially like it when they hand me their babies (split pants and all) so I can pr@y over these precious children. They are truly a gift from the Lord and He is powerful with the ability to reveal Himself to them beginning in the earliest stages of life.
The cute little girl my littles were playing with belong to this sweet family. We met them at the park, and spent a couple hours trying to talk with them. "Talking" is pretty limited. More like a couple hour game of charades and sharing food. :) We have kept in touch through social media here and hope to get together again soon. She is pregnant with their second precious baby. :)
Apparently, being born in the year of the monkey could lead to being part monkey. ;)
They do love it here.
And I am very thankful for how much they have enjoyed it here.
The food and the beautiful parks.
Now, we are normal and not everyday is lovely.
They want screen time too much too often.
They don't get all the things in the world they'd like.
They do miss their grandparents and friends and desire to be with them again,
but they are enjoying life here.
Thank you for lifting them up as I know it is Him answering those prayers, Him who continues to fill them with joy.
Friends, it starts early here - these parents told their maybe 2 year old daughter to hold up the peace sign for the picture. :)
Oh how I want them to know peace, true peace through the only One who can provide that in our lives.
More beauty.
I like to walk to this spot each time we come to this park.
In awe of His creation.
In awe of how a people who don't know the Creator can frame His creation so well.
Brian wants to one day join these men fishing.
Must figure out the fishing gear first though, as it is a bit different.
These parks are not only beautiful but HUGE. Lots of open space to run and play.
However, play areas look different at each park.
This one has bouncy houses on the weekends.
It costs about $2 to bounce as long as you'd like.
Rules? Not in these...can you tell??
You can also paint if you'd like.
Or...jump from rock to rock with new friends (until the guards tell you not to). ;)
Seriously harder than it looks.
My parents had a small koi pond but these koi are the biggest I've ever seen!
It is such a bizarre feeling as they literally suck the food out of the bottle, makes a smacking noise and a little jerking on the wood pole the bottle is attached to.
You can also play in the fountains (I don't really think you are supposed to but no one seems to stop the kids).
Split pants are common, but I guess playing in fountains without underwear (or diapers) is ok too. :)
Our new little friend caught a lizard. Our kiddos had fun taking turns holding it.
When the skies are blue the landscape is even more fabulous, don't you think? :)
I love our Saturdays in the park.
I love our time among the people.
Can't wait to have more language to interact more, share life more so that we can develop deep, life changing relationships.
Thank you for walking alongside us :)











No comments:
Post a Comment